Closed-cell polyisocyanurate (polyiso) foam core integrally bonded to inorganic ACFoam® -III coated glass facers. Available in 0.5” thick 4ft x 8ft (1220mm x 2440mm) and 0.5” thick 4ft x 4ft (1220mm x 1220mm) panels. Manufactured in accordance with ASTM C1289, Type II, Class 4, Grade 1 (80 psi (551 kPa) minimum, up to 110 psi (758 kPa) compressive strength).
3 Determined by ASTM test method C518 at 75°F mean temperature.
4 RSI is the metric expression of R-value (m2•K/W).
|THICKNESS||FM RATING||FIELD FASTENERS PER 4’x8’ BOARD|
Tested ratings refer to selected adhered membranes.
Manufactured and tested for use in new and re-roofing applications. ACFoam® -HD CoverBoard is used in mechanically attached single-ply and adhered single-ply roofing systems. These roofing systems depend on proper installation for successful performance. Refer to FM Approvals® RoofNav and UL Online Certifications Directory for additional application details.
|DIMENSIONAL STABILITY||ASTM D2126||< 0.5%|
|COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH||ASTM D1621||2 Grade 1|
|WATER ABSORPTION||ASTM C209||< 3.0%|
|WATER VAPOR TRANSMISSION||ASTM E96||< 1.5 perm (85.0ng/(Pa•s•m2))|
|FLAME SPREAD||ASTM E84 (10 min.)||140–60|
|SMOKE DEVELOPMENT||ASTM E84 (10 min.)||150–170|
|TENSILE STRENGTH||ASTM D1623||> 2000 psf (95 kPa)|
|SERVICE TEMPERATURE||–||-100°F to +250°F|
1 Numerical ratings are not intended to reflect performance under actual fire conditions. Flame spread index of ≤75 and smoke development ≤450 meet code requirements for foam plastic roof insulation. Codes exempt foam plastic insulation when used in FM 4450 or UL 1256. Physical properties listed above are presented as typical average values as determined by accepted ASTM test methods and are subject to normal manufacturing variation.
2 80 psi (551 kPa) minimum, up to 110 psi (758 kPa)
- ASTM C1289, Type II, Class 4, Grade 1
- FM Standard 4450/4470 Approved Refer to FM Approvals® RoofNav for Specific System Details
- UL Certified for Canada
- UL Standard 1256 Classification Construction No. 120, 123 & 292
- UL Standard 790 (ASTM E108) Roofing Systems Classification
- UL Standard 263 (ASTM E119) Fire Resistance Classification
- Resistant to Mold Growth as Validated by the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute (ASTM D6329)
- FM 4473 rated SH-1 for Severe Hail
- UL Class B Over Combustible Decks with UL Classified Membranes
- IBC Chapter 26 & NBC Sections on Foam Insulation