Atlas EnergyShield® PanelCast is composed of a closed cell polyisocyanurate (polyiso) foam core, faced with a non-reflective coated glass-mat facer on both sides. The blowing agent used to produce the polyiso foam core does not contain any CFCs, HCFCs or HFCs. EnergyShield PanelCast has zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) and negligible Global Warming Potential (GWP). Atlas EnergyShield PanelCast combines high R-value, enhanced durability from two coated glass-mat facers, and water resistive attributes in a high performance rigid wall insulation. EnergyShield PanelCast is suitable for a variety of continuous insulation (CI) applications in concrete wall systems.
Panel sizes are 4ʹ by 8ʹ or 4ʹ by 9ʹ. Panels can be supplied in nominal 16ʺ and 24ʺ widths. Custom sizes are also available.
|R-VALUE1,2||NOMINAL BOARD THICKNESS3|
1Conditioned thermal values were determined by ASTM Test Method C 518 at 75° mean temperature. Test specimens were conditioned in accordance with procedures outlined in ASTM C1289, Section 184.108.40.206.
2“R” means resistance to heat flow. The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating power.
3Other sizes available upon request. Contact your local Atlas sales office.
EnergyShield® PanelCast is recommended for use in insulated concrete panels, forms and tilt-up walls in commercial and residential construction applications, check local building codes for compliance. The coated glass-mat facers enhance the product’s durability and are more permeable than foil facers.
Common applications include:
- Precast insulated concrete sandwich panels
- Continuous insulation in concrete wall systems
- Insulation for use in precast, tilt-up and cast-in-place insulated concrete wall panels
- Under slab insulation
- Various OEM applications
|PROPERTY||TEST METHOD||TEST METHOD MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS|
|FLAME SPREAD||ASTM E84||<75|
|SMOKE DEVELOPMENT||ASTM E84||<450|
|MOISTURE VAPOR TRANSMISSION
(ASTM E96 DESICCANT METHOD)
|ASTM E96||1.2 Perm at 1-inch|
|WATER ABSORPTION||ASTM C209||<1% by Volume
*Typical Results <0.5% by Volume
|DIMENSIONAL STABILITY||ASTM D2126||<2% Linear Change
*Typical Results <1% Linear Change
|SERVICE TEMPERATURES||–||-100°F to +250°F
(-73°C to 122°C)
- ASTM C1289 Type II, Class 2
- ASTM E84 Flame Spread, less than 75
- ASTM E84 Smoke Development, less than 450
- International Building Code (IBC), Section 2603
- International Residential Code (IRC), Section R316
- ASHRAE 90.1 / ASHRAE 189.1 / IECC / IGCC
Continuous Insulation Standards
- Water Resistive Barrier ICC-ES ESR-1375
- Class III vapor retarder at 1 inch (>1.0 perm)