Atlas EnergyShield® CGF (formerly Rboard®) is composed of a closed cell polyisocyanurate (polyiso) foam core, faced with a non-reflective coated glass-mat facer on both sides. The blowing agent used to produce the polyiso foam core does not contain any CFCs, HCFCs or HFCs. EnergyShield CGF has zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) and negligible Global Warming Potential (GWP). Atlas EnergyShield CGF combines high R-value, enhanced durability from two coated glass-mat facers, and water resistive attributes in a high performance rigid Wall insulation. EnergyShield CGF is suitable for a variety of continuous insulation (CI) applications.
Panel sizes are 4’ by 8’ or 4’ by 9’. Panels can be supplied in nominal 16” and 24” widths for use masonry cavity wall applications. Custom sizes are also available.
|R-VALUE1,2||NOMINAL BOARD THICKNESS|
1Conditioned thermal values were determined by ASTM Test Method C 518 at 75° mean temperature. Test specimens were conditioned in accordance with procedures outlined in ASTM C1289, Section 126.96.36.199.
2“R” means resistance to heat flow. The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating power.
3Other sizes available upon request. Contact your local Atlas sales office.
EnergyShield® CGF is recommended for use in residential applications as well as some commercial construction applications, check local building codes for compliance. The coated glass-mat facers enhance the products durability and are more permeable than foil facers.
Common applications include:
- Exterior or interior rigid insulation (with an approved thermal
barrier) for walls framed with wood or steel studs
- Exterior or interior continuous insulation (CI) (with an approved
thermal barrier) for masonry or concrete wall systems, including exterior masonry cavities
- Exterior continuous insulation (CI) over wood or gypsum sheathings
- Use over existing cladding to improve energy efficiency with continuous insulation (CI) and provide a level surface prior to installing a new cladding
- Approved of use in attics and crawlspaces without requiring the use of a thermal barrier. (ICC-ES A12, Appendix B)
- Knee wall and vaulted ceiling applications (with an approved thermal barrier)
- Insulation for use in precast, tilt-up and cast-in-place insulated concrete wall panels
- Under slab insulation
- Various OEM applications
|PROPERTY||TEST METHOD||TEST METHOD MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS|
|FLAME SPREAD||ASTM E84||<75|
|SMOKE DEVELOPMENT||ASTM E84||<450|
|MOISTURE VAPOR TRANSMISSION
(ASTM E96 DESICCANT METHOD)
|ASTM E96||1.2 perm at 1.0” thick|
|WATER ABSORPTION||ASTM C209||<1% by Volume
*Typical Results <0.5% by Volume
|DIMENSIONAL STABILITY||ASTM D2126||<2% Linear Change
*Typical Results <1% Linear Change
|SERVICE TEMPERATURES||–||-100°F to +250°F
(-73°C to 122°C)
- ASTM C1289 Type ll, Class 2
- ASTM E84 Flame Spread, less than 75
- ASTM E84 Smoke Development, less than 450
- International Building Code (IBC), Section 2603
- International Residential Code (IRC), Section R316
- ASHRAE 90.1 / ASHRAE 189.1 / IECC / IGCC Continuous Insulation Standards
- ASTM E2178 Air Barrier Material – 2) @ 75 Pa
- Water Resistive Barrier ICC-ES ESR-1375
- Miami-Dade County Approved
- Class lll Vapor Retarder at 1 inch (> 1.0 perm)
- California Approved Insulation Registry T 1231